Development Team Questions
“Here are some of the questions that the rescue manager should pose to the development team during the remainder of the execution phase:
- What standards are being followed? This question should be directed to the senior developers or project leaders.
- Are you unit testing all your applications? Anything that is not unit tested cannot be considered finished.
- Do you have all the tools you need to maximize your effectiveness? The answer to this question could be anything, including another computer, additional software, a cell phone, office equipment, or transportation. The intent is to provide whatever additional support that can be reasonably provided.
- Is there anything else I can do to make your job easier? This question should be directed to the senior developers or project leaders.
- Are the requirements clear? Do you have any issues with what you’re building? These questions should be addressed to anyone who is implementing the business requirements, which includes the developers, testers, and administrators.
Can I get a quick walkthrough of what you’re building? Ask this question from time to time, both as a surprise quiz and as an opportunity to lend additional experience to the development team.”